Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Beeswax is the new Black

The reason why I create collage, is because at this point, I feel like it is honestly the closest thing to mimicking my actual experience of the world. Its the way images come to me in my head and they live there, pasted in like photos from the magazine of the world. As they mix with all the other stuff in there, To-do lists, smells, memories, ideas, toasters, and existential conundrums they become coated, torn up, reconstited, masticated, and otherwise incorporated into the soup of magic that is my image bank. That is why I love beeswax. (should I explain this further, or just leave it as a dangling, ganglia, usuported statement, and then explain it off as poetry? No, I should explain.
Beeswax is the perfect final coat for this collagey business Ive been cooking up. Its organic, and smells good, its seductive and delicious, it invites touch.

1 comment:

Robbyn McGill said...

i am laughing...and smelling the beeswax in my head now.