Thursday, May 22, 2008

together we paint the butterfly...

so, its been a while since I wrote a new blog, and honestly, its because I haven't really had much to say. Ive been working so hard that I haven't had any time for reflection. The pieces for the fashion show are turning out great though, and Im really excited to show them off. Im not sure how I'm going to pull off the rehearsal, and making sound happen, etc. The only thing I can say is HELP! Which brings me to the real subject of this particular blog: I truely believe in the fact that the creative process can be, and is a group effort. We all work together to create something worthwhile, and without this shared experience, the bundries of self and other, and the teeth of ego pop up to cut off the flower of our creativity. How can I enjoy this picture of a butterfly that was painted, if I painted it for you? If we painted it together, we could enjoy each others company together while we made it, and then also enjoy the image we created without slipping into evaluative modes of thinking. My domestic partner is amazing! He just brought me a heaping pile of food. How could I do this blog without his help, seeeeee!

No comments: